Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Perfect Party


post signatureSo my birthday is coming up in a few months, and I just can't wait to get a jump start with the planning! In this post I'm including some potential plans, with the most important aspects: invitations, cake, my outfit, and activities. Feel free to take any ideas that you like!

If you live in the Charlotte area you can even check out some specific locations that I will share.

                                                                   


Element #1: Invitations :)

Invitations are obviously vital!! One reason why they are so important is because they're a first impression. The more fun an invite is, the more fun your party will be! Try using bright colors, but limit the color scheme to about 3-4 colors. Use a pattern that you love for the background (I used chevron) but I also like the ones below on the left. You can buy cute invitations like these here.

    


Element #2: The Cake!

Every Birthday has to have an extravagant cake! Yes, I know, it's just going to get eaten in a few hours so why spend a million dollars on a cake for one night? If you're good at baking or have family/friends that are then make it a DIY project. Although, I am not personally good at baking and so I leave this one to the professionals. I found a really nice bakery in Lowell, NC about 20 minutes out of Charlotte. Trust me, it is worth the drive! And it's also relatively close to SC (about 15 minutes) if you live in the Clover area. Here's the link
http://splatcakesnsuch.com/ The picture to the left is hopefully the cake that I'll be getting this year. When it comes to stuff like this it is honestly probably best to spend a little extra money so you get what you're asking for!


Element #3: Your Look

Personally, this element is one of the most important. I live by the quote "you look good, you feel good," because it is so true! It's your special day, why no rock it in a gorgeous outfit? The best place to look for a party dress is Lilly Pulitzer. Fun, crazy, cute patterns for almost any occasional. Also, Lilly is great for shoes such as wedges and sandals depending on the event! Click on the links below to find anything in the picture that you like.

Lilly Pulitzer Gold Wedges
Michael Kors Watch
Lilly Pulitzer Bracelet 
Diamond Earrings
                                                                               Michael Kors Purse
                                                                               Tory Burch Phone Case


Element #4: Location! 

You can't have a great party without a great place to have it. In my opinion, country clubs are amazing. I tip my Vineyard Vine baseball cap to whoever invented them. They're luxurious and perfect for sociable people. Most decent country clubs have a nice ballroom and reception area. Hire a DJ, book a caterer and  BAM your location is secured! If you aren't a member of a country club, or don't have access to one, then an alternative would be a Church auditorium, they're the less expensive option if you're not looking to splurge. :)

    Okay! So those are my plans and tips for a successful birthday party. Or really, they're applicable to almost any mainstream event. Hope you can use some of them! Let me know what you think in comments.

Stay Classy! -Jordyn



No comments:

Post a Comment